Thursday, October 10, 2019

halacha - Blessing on the next American President (or any politician)


If the candidate I supported in a political election wins, does this qualify as good news for reciting the blessing hatov ve-hameitiv (Who is good and beneficent) upon hearing the results?


In my eyes, this would be good news for me and everyone else.



On the opposite side of the equation, if my favored candidate loses the election, does this qualify as bad news for reciting Dayan ha-emet (the Judge of Truth) upon hearing the results?


Does anybody know of any precedent for a bracha in politics?




No comments:

Post a Comment

digital communications - Understanding the Matched Filter

I have a question about matched filtering. Does the matched filter maximise the SNR at the moment of decision only? As far as I understand, ...