Thursday, October 31, 2019

non linear - Precisions on Hilbert Huang transform


After investigating signal analysis methods based on empirical mode decomposition (EMD), I found that recent developments are mostly related to the Hilbert Huang transform (HHT) and the Local Mean Decomposition (LMD) method.


I have been reading a few articles on the subject and I would like to have your opinion regarding HHT.


EMD leads to intrinsic mode functions that are particularly well suited for Hilbert transform. HHT seems to be really widely used for many distinct types of industrial or academic applications.


Am I right to think that HHT is essentially EMD + Hilbert transform? Do you consider the specificity of the HHT lies in the sifting process based on spline interpolation (to the contrary of the LMD using a moving average algorithm for instance)?




No comments:

Post a Comment

digital communications - Understanding the Matched Filter

I have a question about matched filtering. Does the matched filter maximise the SNR at the moment of decision only? As far as I understand, ...