Thursday, October 31, 2019

rambam - Miracles through natural means


I've heard it said that both Ramban and Rambam believed that Hashem causes miracles to occur through natural means, but I've never seen this. What exactly do they (and other significant Rabbonim) say about this?


I've always understood this to mean that the event itself was something that did not contravene the laws of science, but
a) it may have been very unlikely to occur and
b) the fact that it occurred exactly at the right time were what made it miraculous. Is this what they meant or am I misunderstanding something?




No comments:

Post a Comment

digital communications - Understanding the Matched Filter

I have a question about matched filtering. Does the matched filter maximise the SNR at the moment of decision only? As far as I understand, ...