Tuesday, October 22, 2019

grammar - 得意とするところ explanation?


As far as I'm aware this expression means "(a persons) strong points', but I'm not sure how とする is being used in this context.


My best guess would be something like "the thing (a person) tries to do best" or something to that effect, but that doesn't really sound right, and I have previously read that the 'try to do' usage is only with volitional form verbs? Anyway I'm not very familiar with とする or ところ (I'm fairly beginner level) so I don't feel comfortable making a guess about it. Can anyone explain?




No comments:

Post a Comment

digital communications - Understanding the Matched Filter

I have a question about matched filtering. Does the matched filter maximise the SNR at the moment of decision only? As far as I understand, ...