Saturday, October 19, 2019

kashrut kosher - Bishul Akum: State Dinners


How do we know precisely what foods fall under the "King's Table" exemption to the rule against Bishul Akum? It is obvious that foods like potato chips probably won't be served at a state dinner, and foods like steak would, but what about foods in between? I'm curious because considering how fancy the menu is for state dinners, it would seem like most foods would fall outside the prohibition. Is there any list of what is allowed to be cooked by a non-Jew under the state dinner exemption, or should I call the White House (or Israeli president's residence or Buckingham palace) each time I have a question?





No comments:

Post a Comment

digital communications - Understanding the Matched Filter

I have a question about matched filtering. Does the matched filter maximise the SNR at the moment of decision only? As far as I understand, ...