Thursday, October 31, 2019

reference request - Book recommendations on DSP, statistical SP and signal detection


I am looking for a good reference on DSP. I am a little bit more than beginner and have some experience in DPS. I think I would have to start with rather easier books where a concept of DSP is explained based on practical examples, intuitively.


Eventually I'd take more advanced books to have solid understanding of DSP, including statistical signal analysis such as power spectra, cross-spectra, coherence, autocorrelation, and cross-correlation and ultimately I'd be interested in signal, sound, noise, or speech detection.


For beginners, people recommend



All recommendations of advanced books are by Alan V. Oppenheim's e.g.:




  • Alan V. Oppenheim, Ronald W. Schafer, John R. Buck, Discrete-Time Signal Processing, Prentice-Hall Signal Processing Series.

  • Alan V. Oppenheim, Alan S. Willsky, with S. Hamid, Signals and Systems, Prentice Hall


There was one more recommendation:



  • John G. Proakis, Dimitris K Manolakis, Digital Signal Processing: Principles, Algorithms and Applications, Prentice Hall


These books are usually quite expensive which is fine but I would not like to buy something I'd be disappointed with. If you could recommend or say whether the books I listed are worth the price, I'd be grateful :)


Thanks.





EDIT.

I have decided to buy and go through "Understanding Digital Signal Processing" by Rick Lyons. I am still waiting for it but have had a chance to read through first two chapters via Kindle App. I must say I am already happy and don't regret this purchase. I'd recommend this book for all starters.




No comments:

Post a Comment

digital communications - Understanding the Matched Filter

I have a question about matched filtering. Does the matched filter maximise the SNR at the moment of decision only? As far as I understand, ...