Saturday, October 19, 2019

Is throwing out challah you were mafrish a violation of bal tashchit?



I'm probably missing something rather simple but a cursory check has not given me a suitable answer -- when someone bakes challah and takes that chunk out to be put aside for a kohen, because the local kohens are all tamei, the challah must be burned. I know that there are different traditions and halachot about how much it has to be burned, covered or not etc, but my concern is that afterwards, the challah is either thrown out or buried. Isn't this going against bal tashchit?




No comments:

Post a Comment

digital communications - Understanding the Matched Filter

I have a question about matched filtering. Does the matched filter maximise the SNR at the moment of decision only? As far as I understand, ...