Thursday, March 8, 2018

halacha - Hotels and food-service during shabbat


Could someone point me to the right direction (halacha) regarding the validity of being served by a Jew working at the hotel where I reside during shabbat?


Basically I'm making him "work" on shabbat when I ask to clean the table or to refill an empty bowl... I know people explains this by comparing with being invited at someone's house shabbat but still I would like to understand it more.


Furthermore, I know for sure it's "allowed" since they have a "kosher lamehadrin" certificate on the door but still it disturbs me and I would like to take a look at the halachot on this subject.


EDIT: Here is a link (Hebrew) to the Rabanut HaRashit in Israel concerning the kashrut in hotel (pages 7/8/9 for Shabbat)




No comments:

Post a Comment

digital communications - Understanding the Matched Filter

I have a question about matched filtering. Does the matched filter maximise the SNR at the moment of decision only? As far as I understand, ...