Monday, March 19, 2018

calendar - How can I identify which dates Jewish holidays/special days fall on?


Not being Jewish I scheduled an event this year, only to learn shortly before it occurred that the date was a Jewish Holiday and so I had essentially excluded Jews. I live in the United States, and it is impossible for a non-Christian to not be aware of Christian holidays. Jewish holidays are not commercialized (at least to my notice).


In the future when scheduling events how can I know what dates to avoid if I don't want to accidentally exclude Jews?




Answer



HebCal is a full Hebrew calendar that provides lists of all the Jewish holidays, for any year.


In the interest of full disclosure, i have done volunteer programming for them, but am not officially affiliated.


Here is a list of all the Jewish holidays for the year 5775 (this year). Note that not every item on that list is a full holiday where work is forbidden. The ones in the first section ("major holidays") that are in bold are the dates to be sure to avoid.


No comments:

Post a Comment

digital communications - Understanding the Matched Filter

I have a question about matched filtering. Does the matched filter maximise the SNR at the moment of decision only? As far as I understand, ...