Thursday, March 29, 2018

organic chemistry - How there are 7 enolizable hydrogens in 2‐methylcyclohex‐2‐en‐1‐one?



49. How many enolizable hydrogens are there in the following compound?



2‐methylcyclohex‐2‐en‐1‐one


(a) 2
(b) 4
(c) 5
(d) 7



I know that enolate ion is the anion formed when an α-hydrogen in the molecule of an aldehyde or ketone is removed as a hydrogen ion.


In the above question I find only two α-hydrogens which can participate (denoted with red color):


2‐methylcyclohex‐2‐en‐1‐one with α-hydrogens


But the answer is (d) 7. Where am I getting wrong?





No comments:

Post a Comment

digital communications - Understanding the Matched Filter

I have a question about matched filtering. Does the matched filter maximise the SNR at the moment of decision only? As far as I understand, ...