Monday, December 16, 2019

tanach - When Did Moses Receive the Torah


I apologize for the fact that this threatens to be the most ignorant question ever asked on this site, but I'm not sure where else to ask it.


My understanding is that God gave the entire Torah to Moses, and that this is recounted in the Book of Exodus. But subsequent books of the Torah seem to take place at later times. So: Am I wrong about Moses having gotten the entire Torah during the time period recounted in Exodus? Or did the Torah, at the time of its giving, include detailed historical accounts of events that had not yet happened? Or have I misunderstood things so totally that my question makes no sense?




No comments:

Post a Comment

digital communications - Understanding the Matched Filter

I have a question about matched filtering. Does the matched filter maximise the SNR at the moment of decision only? As far as I understand, ...