Saturday, December 28, 2019

brit milah - How does one become a Mohel?


I want to be a Mohel.


I learned the Tur - Shulchan Aruch (YD 260-266).


Now what?


What should be my next step?


P.S. I live in Brooklyn.



Answer



Probably the best option is to learn from a mohel or get good advice from a good mohel. The best and most friendliest Mohel I know is Rav Paysach Krohn, this web site has his number and email. I know that he's busy doing britot and lecturing, but, at worst, if he can't train you, I'm quite certain he will advise and, if appropriate, recommend you to the right person. (He may also try to sell you one of his many books. At least you may get them autographed :-)


Another possibility is to contact his son in law, Rav Ephra'im Perlstein, who is also a mohel, info here.


If you do, eventually become a mohel, I may ask you for some "tips" :-( :-(



No comments:

Post a Comment

digital communications - Understanding the Matched Filter

I have a question about matched filtering. Does the matched filter maximise the SNR at the moment of decision only? As far as I understand, ...