Saturday, December 21, 2019

preprocessing - What segmentation methods can be used for simple images?


As related to the project I am currently involved in, I have come to realize that one thing that might help is for me to 'segment' my image. To that end, I have shown a very simple example below.


How do segmentation methods work in general, and what class of them would help getting me from the first image:


enter image description here


...to the second:


enter image description here


Please ignore the scaling that might seem to have occured here, but you get the general idea.




No comments:

Post a Comment

digital communications - Understanding the Matched Filter

I have a question about matched filtering. Does the matched filter maximise the SNR at the moment of decision only? As far as I understand, ...