Sunday, December 29, 2019

fft - Taking audio frequency and picking out peaks (Peak Detection)


So I have a unique challenge. I want to take an audio file, and pick out the peaks in the samples and plot that onto a graph. Each point based on the amplitude/pitch(?) will be represented as either a small dot (lower amplitude) or a bigger dot (higher amplitude).


So if I had to look at a drum track, I should notably see big dots where the drum is hit, but smaller dots when a cymbal is hit.


From a technology stack perspective, I am using Python - and using a Library called Aubio (although I am not sure if there is a better library out there).


EDIT:


Forgive me on the lingo - very new at this audio stuff. Okay so the issue I have currently is that I have a waveform graph that shows the samples over time using a standard sampling technique.



But I found an article on Peak detection, which is exactly what I am looking for (I think).


The challenge I have now is pulling those peak values out via Python and Aubio and plotting them on a Graph.


enter image description here




No comments:

Post a Comment

digital communications - Understanding the Matched Filter

I have a question about matched filtering. Does the matched filter maximise the SNR at the moment of decision only? As far as I understand, ...