Sunday, December 22, 2019

input method - How to write hiragana and katakana in Windows?




How to write hiragana and katakana in Windows (XP/Vista/7)? My current locale is Swedish and I have a hard time writing hiragana and katakana characters.


Usually I have a txt-file open in notepad and copy the individual characters, but that is (obviously) not efficient.


The same also applies for kanji.



Answer



Windows has Language Packs available for other languages and alphabets. See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/972813, for example.


They allow you to write in a phonetic transliteration and then translate it into kana; pressing the space bar converts familiar words into kanji and where meaning is unclear you can choose kanji from a list.


For example, if I type "totemo benri desu ne?" in English with the language pack it will give me とても便利ですね。 Very convenient, isn't it?


No comments:

Post a Comment

digital communications - Understanding the Matched Filter

I have a question about matched filtering. Does the matched filter maximise the SNR at the moment of decision only? As far as I understand, ...