Sunday, December 15, 2019

gentiles - How to tell someone about Shomer Negiah



As I'm sure that many of you have had to "break it" to a coworker or friend that you're Shomer Negiah, have you found a strategy or choice of words that seems most effective? As I wasn't raised frum and only adopted Shomer Negiah over a year ago, it's still kind of awkward to tell people, as I assume they're thinking I'm crazy or weird.


I usually start out with, "I'm sorry, I don't have physical contact with women other than my wife" and then usually end up blabbing on about why I do it and that it in no way is indicative of male chauvinism, etc. and I usually feel pretty much like a fool at the end of it.


I'm flying out to work onsite with a company which I was just hired to. I have the ability at present to simply send an email to all of the women on the team addressing the subject to diminish the potential awkwardness when I'm there. How should I address this?




No comments:

Post a Comment

digital communications - Understanding the Matched Filter

I have a question about matched filtering. Does the matched filter maximise the SNR at the moment of decision only? As far as I understand, ...