Friday, August 16, 2019

rabbis - Is it proper to investigate the validity of a rav?


I've been in some unique situations where I've met someone who claims to be a rabbi but doesn't speak Lashon HaKodesh well or at all (not that I'm 'all that and a bag of chips' either). If I recall correctly, one time I thought to ask who his rav is. The answer was vague. My other concerns in past have been missionaries. Ah, those beautiful gut feelings...


As always, please source if possible. Apologize in advance if question has been asked already or there are similar ones in existence.





No comments:

Post a Comment

digital communications - Understanding the Matched Filter

I have a question about matched filtering. Does the matched filter maximise the SNR at the moment of decision only? As far as I understand, ...