Thursday, August 29, 2019

set phrases - Is it proper to thank waitstaff, cashiers, etc. for their service?



In my Japanese class we were taught that one does not need to thank a cashier when they check you out or a server when they bring you your meal, but I always feel awkward remaining silent. Was my sensei wrong? Specifically:



  • What is the usual exchange between customer and cashier when paying for an item?

  • What is the usual exchange when a waiter brings you your food?

  • When leaving a restaurant, is it appropriate to say ごちそうさまでした? 美味しかったです? ありがとうございました?




No comments:

Post a Comment

digital communications - Understanding the Matched Filter

I have a question about matched filtering. Does the matched filter maximise the SNR at the moment of decision only? As far as I understand, ...