Thursday, August 22, 2019

particle と - まだいたとはね meaning


I'm trying (to no avail) to translate this sentence: まだいたとはね.


I think it means something along the lines of here we go again, but I'm not sure.


I don't really understand what いた means here. Is it a conjugation of 居る? (The context was two guys walk up to the main characters after the previous two were defeated and start to talk about their plans, then one of the main characters says the above sentence.)



Furthermore, what does the とは mean? I suspect it is the quotative と plus the contrastive は, but the sentence as a whole still doesn't make sense to me.




No comments:

Post a Comment

digital communications - Understanding the Matched Filter

I have a question about matched filtering. Does the matched filter maximise the SNR at the moment of decision only? As far as I understand, ...