Friday, August 30, 2019

digital communications - Processing OBPSK as OQPSK


I'm trying to create and process an OBPSK signal, which, as I understand it, transmits even bits on one axis and the odd bits on the opposite axis, resulting in a constellation with 4 unique points. OBPSK seems to be somewhat rare, and a lot of software doesn't have functions to handle it. I created it (if I understand it correctly) by modulating the even and odd bits as BPSK separately, and rotating one of them by 90 degrees. However, with 4 constellation points, it seems similar to QPSK, or more specifically OQPSK, which is common with software having built in functions for modulation, etc. Is there some way to process OPSK, perhaps with some sort of transformation and/or change in data rate, as OQPSK?




No comments:

Post a Comment

digital communications - Understanding the Matched Filter

I have a question about matched filtering. Does the matched filter maximise the SNR at the moment of decision only? As far as I understand, ...