Wednesday, January 31, 2018

number - Shemona Ve'arba'im Umatayim?


Who knows two hundred forty-eight?


Please cite/link your sources, if possible. At some point at least twenty-four hours from now, I will:




  • Upvote all answers I consider relevant and interesting.





  • Accept the what I think is the "best" answer.




  • Go on to the next number.




The Race to Ramach starts now.



Answer



Hashem examined each word of the Tora 248 times before putting it in the Tora (whatever that means), corresponding to the 248 evarim (bones or something) of a person (source), which in turn correspond to the 248 words of sh'ma (source) and mitzvos ase (positive commands).


No comments:

Post a Comment

digital communications - Understanding the Matched Filter

I have a question about matched filtering. Does the matched filter maximise the SNR at the moment of decision only? As far as I understand, ...