Friday, January 26, 2018

minhag - Origin of Chabad tefillin



I have wondered for some time about certain elements of Chabad minhagim re. tefillin, so here goes:



  • What is the origin of their kesher shel yad? (asked elsewhere)

  • When was it decided that they should be huge (4x4cm or larger)

  • Why must they be mikshah (made of one piece)?

  • Why is their ש different from both the Arizal ש and the written form of the Alter Rebbe ש? What is the source for this?


I'm sure there are other concerns which I have missed, but these are the main factors which make them unique, in my opinion.




No comments:

Post a Comment

digital communications - Understanding the Matched Filter

I have a question about matched filtering. Does the matched filter maximise the SNR at the moment of decision only? As far as I understand, ...