Tuesday, January 23, 2018

furigana - Homographs: how to deal with them?


For example:




  • 一日{いちにち} = one day (duration);

  • 一日{ついたち} = first day of the month.



First of all, are the meanings correct? Because I found contradicting answers.

I suspect the meanings are overlapping in some cases?


Then, after a quick search, I found out that okurigana is efficient to disambiguate them. Didn't the author mean furigana instead? Maybe I didn't grasp something here.


Lastly, what are the most important (to know)/most frequent homographic Kanji out there?




No comments:

Post a Comment

digital communications - Understanding the Matched Filter

I have a question about matched filtering. Does the matched filter maximise the SNR at the moment of decision only? As far as I understand, ...