Thursday, January 18, 2018

minhag - What kavanos should one have when sharpening a challa knife Erev Shabbos?


What are some kavanos should one have in mind when sharpening a challa knife on Erev Shabbos? I'm sure I heard that there are kavanos but never learned what they are.



Answer



I once heard someone ask Rabbi Shlomo Halberstam Zatzal of Bobov - what Kavanos one should have when he puts on his Tallis? He responded the main Kavana one should have is that he is not hitting the person beside him with the Tzitzis when he is wrapping himself in the Talis. Based on this I would say the Kavana one should have is not to hurt anyone nearby, including himself when he sharpens the knife.


No comments:

Post a Comment

digital communications - Understanding the Matched Filter

I have a question about matched filtering. Does the matched filter maximise the SNR at the moment of decision only? As far as I understand, ...