Wednesday, October 9, 2019

theology - How can God be just in light of Deuteronomy 23:3?



Deuteronomy 23:3: A bastard shall not enter into the assembly of the LORD; even to the tenth generation shall none of his enter into the assembly of the LORD.




I asked a similar question here -


Why can't an illegitimate child enter the temple?


But perhaps I did not clarify myself enough and got answers that explained the verse without addressing the goodness of God issue.


So here I ask again.


How is it just to punish a child (in any way, be that entering congregation or something else) who did not have any participation in the sin?


Looking at it it seems that modern secular humanists are more just & loving than God himself, as very few would discriminate against such


Edit: Some of the comments seem to suggest that this punishing of child is in some way good and that we simply can't understand goodness of God.


But I don't think I'm misunderstanding justice or love. Here is justice in God's own view -




Ezekiel 18:20 The son will not share the guilt of the father, nor will the father share the guilt of the son.





No comments:

Post a Comment

digital communications - Understanding the Matched Filter

I have a question about matched filtering. Does the matched filter maximise the SNR at the moment of decision only? As far as I understand, ...