Monday, October 7, 2019

filters - GPS signal acquisition


I have a set of GPS satellite signal data, the set is 1 ms long and has the information of two satellites (satellite number, code phase and frequency) buried in noise. This data has a carrier frequency of 4.309 Mhz and the sampling rate is 5.714 Mhz.I've been reading but I don't really have pretty clear what to do:





  • which are the options to make the acquisition? As far as I've read, there are two options: time and frequency based acquisition. which is the best option to use?




  • The set of data is noisy and continuous: Satellite data




I have generated the C/A gold sequencies sampled at 5.714 Mhz in order to perform the correlation with the satellite data. How can I design a narrowband filter to get rid of the noise? The local coded I generated are sequencies of +1's and -1's. Do I need to convert this data also into -1's and +1's to perform the acquisition?




No comments:

Post a Comment

digital communications - Understanding the Matched Filter

I have a question about matched filtering. Does the matched filter maximise the SNR at the moment of decision only? As far as I understand, ...