Monday, August 5, 2019

halacha - Must the electrical lights be dimmed or turned off while saying "Borei Me'orei Ha'Esh"?


As a follow up to an answer given in Havdalah and fingers which says:



The Mishnah in Berachos 51b writes that one should not make the blessing of "Bore Moerei Ha'esh" should only be made if one benefits from the light of the candle.




My question is - Must one turn off dim all electrical lights in the room in order to receive the proper benefit from the candle light, only? In my shul, they do this. But I haven't seen this done too often in most shuls or in people's homes.




No comments:

Post a Comment

digital communications - Understanding the Matched Filter

I have a question about matched filtering. Does the matched filter maximise the SNR at the moment of decision only? As far as I understand, ...