Tuesday, April 10, 2018

image processing - Explanation on Haarlets


Would someone be able to give me some info or a link etc ... regarding haarlets aka Haar wavelet-like features. I'm reading several papers for my master dissertation and several of these papers briefly mention haarlets. I can't seem to really get what they are and how they are used. I apologize if this is a basic question. But i would really appreciate some clear, structured info on the subject.



Answer




Have you seen Robust Real-time Object Detection by Viola and Jones? This is probably the most widely used face detection algorithm, and also the most famous example of the use of the Haar wavelet-like features.


No comments:

Post a Comment

digital communications - Understanding the Matched Filter

I have a question about matched filtering. Does the matched filter maximise the SNR at the moment of decision only? As far as I understand, ...