Tuesday, April 10, 2018

halacha - Markup in retail, are these examples kosher?


I have noticed that Keter Judaica, the American importer for Mishkan HaTchelet seems t have some pretty outrageous markups.


Example 1: Keter Traditional Touch Tallit (M"T Tzemer A.A.) (size 55)




  • Keter: $140

  • M"T: ₪299 (roughlt $80 at the time of this posting)


Example 2: tzitzit (cotton begged) (size 6=24)



  • Keter: $13.50 ($18 at local fromm Judaica store)

  • M"T: ₪19 (roughly $5)


While I haven't done out the math here, the price difference is pretty stark, which leads to my question: are these markups actually kosher?




No comments:

Post a Comment

digital communications - Understanding the Matched Filter

I have a question about matched filtering. Does the matched filter maximise the SNR at the moment of decision only? As far as I understand, ...