Monday, April 9, 2018

halacha - Can a Jewish woman sing in front of a non-Jewish man?



Suppose I am a Jewish woman. Suppose I am in a taxi (or similar semiprivate place) with a male cab driver who I am quite sure is not Jewish. May I sing in front of him?


Hypothesis: That since the prohibition of kol isha does not apply to non-Jewish men, I will not be guilty of lifnei iver by singing in this situation. Correct?



Answer



According to this Rivevos Ephraim 5:491 it should not be a problem since the problem is making a man stumble and come to impure thoughts and its assur during kiras shema and these things are not applicable to a non Jew. See the tshuva inside. There are two Rabbanim who answered in the tshuvah.


enter image description here


No comments:

Post a Comment

digital communications - Understanding the Matched Filter

I have a question about matched filtering. Does the matched filter maximise the SNR at the moment of decision only? As far as I understand, ...