Tuesday, August 6, 2019

tefilla - Exactly how should the shaliach bow for Barachu?


In every synagogue I have been in, the shaliach zibur has bowed in some way at Barachu. I presume there must be a foundation for this. If so, there should be a correct way to bow. I am seeking clarity on this.


The Mishnah Berurah in Laws of Prayer simin 57 describes barachu as said by the shaliach tzibor (ie the leader of the community prayer) but does not mention bowing. Where is bowing during Barachu covered in the MB (or elsewhere in halacha) and what is the correct way for the Shaliach Zibur to bow?


(In contrast, bowing during the amidah is covered in the MB in detail in #113.)


My question is more specific, asking about the correct way to bow, than this similar question that asks about if one should bow and sources for doing so.




No comments:

Post a Comment

digital communications - Understanding the Matched Filter

I have a question about matched filtering. Does the matched filter maximise the SNR at the moment of decision only? As far as I understand, ...