Wednesday, August 14, 2019

filters - Compensating Loudspeaker frequency response in an audio signal


I have been working on a project in which I was required to work on the audio signals recorded from the loudspeaker kept in front of a filter. So, to simply explain it:


$$\boxed{\rm LoudSpeaker} \longrightarrow \boxed{\rm Filter} \longrightarrow\boxed{\rm Microphone}$$



Now the project depends on finding how the filter reacts to the signals from the loudSpeaker. The loudSpeaker outputs a frequency sweep.


When I saw the datasheet of the loudspeaker I found that it had a certain frequency response which was necessary to compensate within the sweep. But now that I have already taken the readings into the microphone I have to subtract the loudSpeaker frequency response from the final spectrum.


A possible way to that is Deconvolution. But I can only explain that in theory.


Can someone help me how to implement these functions in MATLAB? Or a different way to solve this problem???




No comments:

Post a Comment

digital communications - Understanding the Matched Filter

I have a question about matched filtering. Does the matched filter maximise the SNR at the moment of decision only? As far as I understand, ...