Tuesday, July 16, 2019

grammar - "The earlier we leave, the earlier we'll arive"-type construction



Was not sure how to title my question because I don't know who to explain such grammar pattern.



I came across something like that in Tae Kim's guide:



勉強をすればするほど、頭がよくなるよ。 (The more you study, the more you will become smarter.)



But it seems it only applies to verbs, "the more you do something, the more something will happen".


I was wondering how to say something like "the earlier we leave, the earlier we'll arrive", "the faster you run, the faster you'll get tired" etc?


Those grammar patterns are similar in English but I have a feeling they're not that similar in Japanese and I have no idea how to find something like that.




No comments:

Post a Comment

digital communications - Understanding the Matched Filter

I have a question about matched filtering. Does the matched filter maximise the SNR at the moment of decision only? As far as I understand, ...