Monday, July 22, 2019

meaning - What's the difference between 変態 and 痴女 (or 痴漢)?


In the Dead Tube manga, a girl is being accused of being a 痴女【ちじょ】, at which she replies:



私変態だけど痴女じゃないもん!!




What's the difference between the two words? Is 変態 just a pervert and 痴女 someone that actually sexually assaults people?



Answer



変態 are people with abnormal sexual preferences. They can be men or women. 痴女(women) or 痴漢(men) are people who have committed sexual crimes. So, she can be 変態 and not a 痴女 if she has abnormal sexual preferences but does not act on them. Japanese wiki explains this.


To me, when I use 痴女(women) or 痴漢(men), I am not saying if their sexual preferences are abnormal or not but I am saying that they are doing something sexual in abnormal manners, meaning criminal manners.


No comments:

Post a Comment

digital communications - Understanding the Matched Filter

I have a question about matched filtering. Does the matched filter maximise the SNR at the moment of decision only? As far as I understand, ...