Tuesday, July 23, 2019

coherence - Is autospectrum the same as power spectrum density?



In my slides about signal processing, there is one that mentions the same thing as the beginning of this and this answer, namely that the Fourier transform of a signal, squared is the power spectrum density of the signal.


In this talk, it is mentioned that coherence is calculated by dividing the squared cross-spectrum by the product of the two auto-spectra.


However, the formula in my slides divides the squared cross-spectrum by the product of the formula of our previously seen PSD and another PSD.


So, is autospectrum the same as PSD? I can find a lot of information about PSD, but not on autospectrum.




No comments:

Post a Comment

digital communications - Understanding the Matched Filter

I have a question about matched filtering. Does the matched filter maximise the SNR at the moment of decision only? As far as I understand, ...