Tuesday, July 30, 2019

grammar - What's the difference between ~てある and ~た (past form)?


As I understand it てある is rather different to ている in that it refers to a resultant state rather than an ongoing action.


However I wonder, what then is the practical difference between a resultant state and a past action?


For example,



昼ごはんを作ってある (昼ごはんは作ってある?)



昼ごはんを作った



both mean “I made dinner” right? Is there any major difference or is it some small nuance?


Would てある not apply if you were speaking of something you did last week and thus the dinner has since been eaten whilst it would work if you were speaking of the dinner you're about to eat?




No comments:

Post a Comment

digital communications - Understanding the Matched Filter

I have a question about matched filtering. Does the matched filter maximise the SNR at the moment of decision only? As far as I understand, ...