Thursday, January 4, 2018

resampling - what is better: up- or downsampling?


I want to compare two signals or curves. a curve sampled at 30 Hz a curve samplet at 2000 Hz


Unfortunately they have different sample rates. The first one is sampled at 30 Hz, the second at 2000 Hz. Matlab has the function 'resample' and I thought, this would make comparison much easier.


My question is: Is it wiser to downsample the second curve or to upsample the first one?


Edit: I did as I was told. In the picture on the left are the original curves. The curves on the right are resampled. Top right is upsampled, bottom right is downsampled.


I know the curves are of different length, when resampled. However, the second signal will get cropped to the first signals length. comparison




No comments:

Post a Comment

digital communications - Understanding the Matched Filter

I have a question about matched filtering. Does the matched filter maximise the SNR at the moment of decision only? As far as I understand, ...