Wednesday, January 17, 2018

kavana concentration - Prayer with Negative Kavvanah


The status of prayer without Kavannah I think has been dealt with. My question is negative kavannah.


Examples of Negative Kavannah are: "I don't want to pray but it wont look good ( or I'll get punished, or fill in another reason here) if I don't pray so I'll just read the words quickly and get it over with" -or an even more extreme case "I disagree with these words that I am saying but I'll say it anyways because that's what in the siddur".



Are there sources that deal with these kinds of cases? Is this even considered prayer?




No comments:

Post a Comment

digital communications - Understanding the Matched Filter

I have a question about matched filtering. Does the matched filter maximise the SNR at the moment of decision only? As far as I understand, ...