Sunday, December 16, 2018

messiah - Building the Third Temple


I've heard that the Third Beit Hamikdash will be made when the Mashiach arrives. And that it will be built by G-d himself, unlike the previous Temples. This seems to be the most common opinion in Orthodox Judaism, but I recently found out that the Rambam says that it should be built by jews, and that it's an obligation to attempt to build it if possible.


What are the bases for both opinions? Should we wait for the Mashiach or should we start building?


Update: I found a link with very detailed explanations of each side of the argument. It's really good and it's what I was looking for. However, thank you all for your answers and contributions. http://rchaimqoton.blogspot.com/2007/07/building-third-holy-temple.html?m=1




No comments:

Post a Comment

digital communications - Understanding the Matched Filter

I have a question about matched filtering. Does the matched filter maximise the SNR at the moment of decision only? As far as I understand, ...