Tuesday, December 25, 2018

demodulation - How to demodulate an OFDM signal


I'm looking at decoding an OFDM signal which consists of 6 carriers (or tones) which are BPSK modulated and a pilot tone which aids tuning. This is the first time I have worked with OFDM so I need to know if I'm approaching this in the right way.



The way I'm thinking of decoding it is to use the pilot tone to calibrate (as the receiver may be slightly mistuned) then to have six band pass filters to separate out each carrier which is then demodulated in the usual way. Can anyone see any problems with this ? or can you suggest a better way of doing this.




No comments:

Post a Comment

digital communications - Understanding the Matched Filter

I have a question about matched filtering. Does the matched filter maximise the SNR at the moment of decision only? As far as I understand, ...