Thursday, December 27, 2018

inorganic chemistry - Making a saturated solution of Na₂CO₃



I need to make a saturated solution of $\ce{Na2CO3}$ and according to the available data I should add $22\ \text{g}$ in $100\ \text{ml}$ of water at $25\ ^\circ\text{C}$.


I wanted to make $300\ \text{ml}$ solution, which would require $66\ \text{g}$. But, even after adding $110\ \text{g}$ of the salt, no turbidity appears which might indicate saturation. So I believe that the solution is still not saturated.


However, when I kept the flask overnight, almost the entire salt precipitated out in large crystalline chunks. I am a bit confused as to what the problem might be. Has anyone faced this kind of trouble?




No comments:

Post a Comment

digital communications - Understanding the Matched Filter

I have a question about matched filtering. Does the matched filter maximise the SNR at the moment of decision only? As far as I understand, ...