Tuesday, December 25, 2018

grammar - Why is に used in 若者が元気に溢れている?


Why is に used in a sentence like this?



若者が元気溢れている




I thought it was:



若者に元気溢れている



I know に is used as an indirect object marker. Could someone tell me the difference between direct and indirect object?




I already understand this usage of the particle:


It is used to show destination of an action




本を彼に上げた



To show an action in a place with semi-permanent or permanent consequences



山に雪が積もった



To show existence in a place



部屋にいる




To show a specific time when something happens



来た時に林檎を食べた



To show the agent in passive or verbs of receiving



ペンを彼に貰った
林檎が彼に食べられた





No comments:

Post a Comment

digital communications - Understanding the Matched Filter

I have a question about matched filtering. Does the matched filter maximise the SNR at the moment of decision only? As far as I understand, ...