Thursday, December 12, 2019

translation - Is there an easily accessible list of terms in the Japanese grammar written both in Japanese and English?



I am a native Japanese speaker with a casual interest in languages. I sometimes have trouble explaining the Japanese grammar in English because I do not know the established English translation of some technical terms in the Japanese grammar such as joshi (助詞). (In this particular case, it seems that joshi is usually translated as “particle.”)


I can look up a Japanese-English dictionary for this purpose, but is there any more easily accessible list of technical terms, preferably freely available online?


Added: I know several general Japanese-English dictionaries and translation services freely available online, which can be used to satisfy my need but not in the most convenient way. I am looking for a simple table of technical terms in the Japanese grammar written both in Japanese and in English, which may look like:




  • 文: sentence

  • 段落: paragraph

  • 名詞: noun

  • 動詞: verb

  • 助詞: particle






Answer



I found three fairly comprehensive lists online; each covers slightly different areas.



No comments:

Post a Comment

digital communications - Understanding the Matched Filter

I have a question about matched filtering. Does the matched filter maximise the SNR at the moment of decision only? As far as I understand, ...