Saturday, March 2, 2019

translation - Please help me understand あなたがそれを考え直して止めても らえればと思います。



This sentence seems to me to be a bit convoluted and I am not quite sure what it means. If anyone can help me break it up, I would really appreciate it.


あなたがそれを考え直して止めてもらえればと思います。


As you can see, there are multiple constructions used within this sentence (1) Vte 止める, (2) Vte もらう, (3) (4) Potential form + provisional form (もらえれば) and (5) と思う


As I understand it, (1) is "stop and V" in a sense, and I think I can understand that part, but the combination of (2),(3),(4) and (5) which results in ~てもらえればと思います makes my head turn a bit. あなたが Vte もらう is, I believe, (s.o.) Vte for you, (3) is "can", (4) is "if", (5) is "I think", so if I combine the whole thing, I believe I'll get


"I think if (they) can reconsider for you..."


Am I correct here? If not, can you help me go through this sentence? Thank you for any help in advance.




No comments:

Post a Comment

digital communications - Understanding the Matched Filter

I have a question about matched filtering. Does the matched filter maximise the SNR at the moment of decision only? As far as I understand, ...