Thursday, March 28, 2019

halacha - What bracha do you make on zucchini flowers or the curly "lettuce" used for garnish?


During the past few years I have seen caterers decorate platters with zucchini flowers. Similarly. many platters have some type of dark green or purple lettuce or cabbage (I'm not sure what kind of veggie this is) under the food.


Usually, these things are not eaten raw, but, I guess zuccini flowers in particular are becoming more of a common edible item now than it was about 5-10 years ago. Would the bracha on these 2 be "admah" or still "shehakol" because it's not yet customary to eat thse raw?




No comments:

Post a Comment

digital communications - Understanding the Matched Filter

I have a question about matched filtering. Does the matched filter maximise the SNR at the moment of decision only? As far as I understand, ...