Monday, March 4, 2019

symbols - My teacher wrote a triangle on my Japanese homework. What does it mean?




One of my Japanese senseis corrected my homework, and several times she drew a triangle next to the item she was correcting. Does this have a special meaning in Japan?


picture of triangle symbol 1


picture of triangle symbol 2



Answer



In Japan (or Japanese schools), it usually means "Not correct but not completely incorrect, either".


〇 = Correct


△ = In-between "I'll give you half a point!"


☓ = Incorrect


The three symbols are read, respectively, まる、さんかく and ばつ.



No comments:

Post a Comment

digital communications - Understanding the Matched Filter

I have a question about matched filtering. Does the matched filter maximise the SNR at the moment of decision only? As far as I understand, ...