Friday, February 1, 2019

purim - Psikim in the sons of Haman


In the listing of the sons of Haman, there's a psik after each ואת. Normally when there's a psik, we pause a little bit.



However, in this case we read the entire list in one breath. With practice, I've found that I can pause for the psikim and still manage that, but pausing seems to be a conceptual contradiction to reading the names fast, and I've never heard anyone else actually do it.


Are these psikim supposed to be treated normally? Or are they some kind of quasi-taam tachton, and we should pause for them when learning but not when reading the Megilla to be yotzei on Purim?




No comments:

Post a Comment

digital communications - Understanding the Matched Filter

I have a question about matched filtering. Does the matched filter maximise the SNR at the moment of decision only? As far as I understand, ...