Saturday, February 23, 2019

experimental chemistry - Separating iron from blood


How can I separate iron from blood, without doing any damage to the blood/haemoglobin?


I have thought about using a magnet, but apparently iron in blood is not magnetic, and I have also looked at filtration techniques but not sure if that will affect the haemoglobin.


Updated Dec 2017: Let me add some context, I was/am looking for an alternative for chelation therapy such as Desferaloxamine infusions to remove iron in patients with iron overload as a result of repeated transfusions due to anemia




No comments:

Post a Comment

digital communications - Understanding the Matched Filter

I have a question about matched filtering. Does the matched filter maximise the SNR at the moment of decision only? As far as I understand, ...