Friday, February 22, 2019

history - Sources for Hassidic views on marital celibacy/asceticism?


My understanding is the traditional view of Ger Hassidism was that marital celibacy was a good idea, once all procreative needs had been met.


My impression is that Chabad-Lubavitch never advocated an attitude towards asceticism in marriage. (Is this correct?) I'm sure other Hassidic groups have their own traditional views.


Can these views be traced to a source? Be it sociological, historical, religious, "the writings and teachings of Rebbe [Grand Rabbi] so-and-so"?




No comments:

Post a Comment

digital communications - Understanding the Matched Filter

I have a question about matched filtering. Does the matched filter maximise the SNR at the moment of decision only? As far as I understand, ...