Tuesday, February 12, 2019

homework - Why can't electrons be transferred using hydrogen ions?


I have a homework question that asks:



Recognizing how oxidation and reduction occurs is essential for analyzing and understanding biochemical reactions. Which of the following methods would NOT be employed in transferring electrons in biochemical reactions?


a) As hydrogen ions (correct)


b) Through direct combination with oxygen


c) Directly as electrons


d)As hydride ions




My problem is that it doesn't say why hydrogen ions cannot transfer electrons, so I think I'm not understanding what it means by hydrogen ions. What if you have a hydrogen ion with 2 or 3 electrons? Why can't that be used to transfer electrons?




No comments:

Post a Comment

digital communications - Understanding the Matched Filter

I have a question about matched filtering. Does the matched filter maximise the SNR at the moment of decision only? As far as I understand, ...